Saturday, June 21, 2014

Week 25 Review: Meridian

From Goodreads:
Marina thought that she had solved all of the Arclight's mysteries. She had found her own history—that she was one of the Fade, that she never should have been human. She knows that the Fade who surround the Arclight don't want to be the humans' enemies at all. She knows that the leader of those inside the Arc, Honoria Whit, never told the whole truth. But there is so much more that Marina is just discovering. There are more survivors out there. Only Marina—and her friends, all of whom have connections to the Fade they'd never known about—can lead her people to them. But there are also darker dangers, things that even the Fade fear. And Marina slowly realizes she may never have been "cured," after all. The sequel to Arclight, Meridian is an intense, action-packed page-turner about the lines we draw between right and wrong, light and dark . . . and the way nothing is ever that black and white.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I loved seeing these characters again, and we got to be in Tobin's head, and that things changed in this world, and they had some similarities, and how it grew, and that we learned more about it, and yeah, I really, really hope that there's a 3rd book, because I saw one place that mentioned the initial deal was for a duology, and yeah, it can't stop there, I need a 3rd book!

I mean, that ending! The ending of Arclight was hopeful, of change, and this one, it was of change, and not for the better, because there's a bit threat out there, and that's why I want a 3rd book, because that threat has to be destroyed!

Also, there's the question of Marina and Cherish, and how they're going to finally work together, the started the process in this book, but I want more time of that, and a few more details, because it seems like they could go back and forth from Fade to human, maybe.

I did enjoy the fact that there's another human colony, the hope that Mariana caused in the first book for everyone that wasn't in on the secret of Mariana being changed into human from Fade. A group of legitimate humans, who've been fighting the Killers, the threat, for the whole time, or at least surviving them, which is why the gang went looking for them.

This book also gave us a look at how life was for Honoria, and how she's not the only one who's been around since the Fade first escaped and wrecked havoc on our world. Or the Death Tree, which was a sign of the Killers, not that they differentiated from the 2 groups of nanites at the time.

Yeah, there has to be a 3rd book, because, a) I loved this book and want more, and b) there's so much unanswered, and I want more!

Author: Josin L. McQuein
Series: Arclight #1
Read: June 19th, 2014
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Loved Arclight, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book, WoW Book, and 2014 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Published: May 27th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!