Saturday, June 7, 2014

Week 23 Reviews: Beck, Uncaged


From Goodreads:
~DEE~

I've always been good at wearing masks. Not letting anyone see the real me. I’m content being the happy-go-lucky best friend. The strong willed boss. The independent woman who doesn't need a man.

But the truth is I'm just as broken as the rest of you. I'm terrified that all it will take is one person to make all my carefully constructed walls crumble into fine dust. So I guard my heart with everything I have. Determined to never let anyone get close enough to hurt me again.

All is perfect until HE walks into my life. No… he doesn't just walk. He struts his good-looking, sex-oozing self right into my space and demands that I see HIM. Making me want what I know I can't have.

So I did the only thing I know how to do.
I run.
But he just won't let me go.

~BECK~

The second I see her, I know she will be mine. I see past the gorgeous smiles and heart-stopping laughter. I see HER. She doesn't want me to know her secrets or the past that haunts her, but I make it my mission to find out.

To make her mine.

She can run all she wants, but it will never be far enough to stop me from coming after her.
She's it for me and she knows it.

She's just too scared to admit it.

From Goodreads:
Greg Cage's life is more fulfilling than he ever could have imagined. He's married to the love of his life, has an amazing son, and in a few short months, his family will grow again with the birth of his twin girls.

The past year has been a tough one for the Cage family, but they are now on the road to healing by learning to let go of the past and looking forward to their future.

When situations beyond his control threaten to take away so much of what Greg holds close to his heart, he has to learn that he doesn't always have the control he tries to maintain in their lives. Will he be able to handle the stress of knowing his wife and newborn daughters are beyond his protection?

Join the Cage family as they embark on yet another one of life's journeys with a rambunctious four-year-old, pregnancy complications, and the fear of the unknown.

Will the love that Greg and Melissa share hold true as they fight to overcome the obstacles that face them?

My Review:
Oh, I loved these books so much! We get Beck and Dee's story-I either didn't know, or forgot, that his name is John Beckett-and honestly, these 2 books have even more tumultuous emotions, because Coop dies, and his older brother, Ash, who's the guy for #4, comes into this book and yeah!

We got to see Beck and Dee's story from the very beginning, from the bar scene on Izzy's birthday, and she finds out that Axel is still alive. That beginning. Or just before, but yeah, just around there, and that was just so good!

I felt bad for all 3 of them Dee, Izzy, and Greg, Dee for having to go through all that and for nobody to notice but Beck and Maddox. Izzy and Greg, for not noticing, even if their lives suddenly became very busy with spouses and children for both of them. It was just not the best of situations!

I hated that the bad guy would go after Dee, she was only the guy's boss, she didn't have anything to do with the guy besides pay him, she wasn't special to him, so it was illogical for him to target her. Yeah, that didn't make too much sense. Maybe if the employee had an obsession with Dee that the bad guy knew about, it'd work, but he didn't.

Uncaged made me tear up. Because Melissa could die, and the babies were born 2 months premature, and we got Cohen's POV, which was so sweet! And then we got one of his 15 years later, where he does sound more like the rest of the guys, but here for hoping that there's going to be at least 1 second generation book!

Such great stories, and yeah, I can't wait for Cooper and Locke!!!

Author: Harper Sloan
Series: Corps Security #3, 3.5
Read: June 5th, 5th, 2014
Source: Tuebln
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Harper Sloane
Published: December 23rd 2013, March 11th 2014

Beck:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Uncaged:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!