Saturday, June 14, 2014

Week 24 Review: Deep Betrayal

From Goodreads:
It's been thirty days, two hours, and seventeen minutes since Calder left Lily standing on the shores of Lake Superior. Not that she's counting. And when Calder does return, it's not quite the reunion Lily hoped for. Especially after she lets her father in on a huge secret: he, like Calder, is a merman. Obsessed with his new identity, Lily's dad monopolizes Calder's time as the two of them spend every day in the water, leaving Lily behind.

Then dead bodies start washing ashore. Calder blames his mermaid sisters, but Lily fears her father has embraced the merman's natural need to kill. As the body count grows, everyone is pointing fingers. Lily doesn't know what to believe—only that whoever's responsible is sure to strike again. . . 

My first review of Deep Betrayal
My Review:
This is absolutely a fantastic book! We get Lily's POV, and things happen, and we learn more about the mermaid mythos, and yeah, this was just an incredible book! I loved rereading it, and now I really can't wait to read Promise Bound!

I loved how this book dealt with neglect, that was the big theme of the book, from Jason's neglect of his family and wife because of his new found merman status, a bit of neglect that Calder shows Lily, Parvati's neglect of Jack, and the neglect of everyone, shown to the mother of the mermaids.

Or how Lily was jealous of her dad for the time that he got to spend with Calder, that he was a mer? That was pretty great, too! And her experiments, of how long she could stay underwater on one breath of air? That was pretty cool!

Oh, Jack. You idiot. Just because mermaids are killing people, doesn't meant that you should go around killing people to prove their existence! It's just going to make a bad situation worse, and like I said in my 2nd review of Lies Beneath, you, Jack, deserve to die at her hands because you were so happy to see her!

Yeah, I just absolutely loved this book, and I can't wait to read Promise Bound next week!

Author: Anne Greenwood Brown
Series: Lies Beneath #2
First Read: December 5th, 2012
Read: June 10th, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why:
Publisher: Random House/Delacorte
Expected Publication: March 12th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!