Saturday, December 5, 2015

Week 49 Review: The Killing Jar

From Goodreads:
"I try not to think about it, what I did to that boy."

Seventeen-year-old Kenna Marsden has a secret. 

She's haunted by a violent tragedy she can't explain. Kenna's past has kept people—even her own mother—at a distance for years. Just when she finds a friend who loves her and life begins to improve, she's plunged into a new nightmare. Her mom and twin sister are attacked, and the dark powers Kenna has struggled to suppress awaken with a vengeance. 

On the heels of the assault, Kenna is exiled to a nearby commune, known as Eclipse, to live with a relative she never knew she had. There, she discovers an extraordinary new way of life as she learns who she really is, and the wonders she's capable of. For the first time, she starts to feel like she belongs somewhere. That her terrible secret makes her beautiful and strong, not dangerous. But the longer she stays at Eclipse, the more she senses there is something malignant lurking underneath it all. And she begins to suspect that her new family has sinister plans for her… 

My Review:
Yeah! This book! I've been waiting to read another Jennifer Bosworth book since I read Struck, which is one of my most favourite books ever. So yeah, it was really fantastic to have a chance to read this book, I was really excited for it!

I really enjoyed reading this book for a variety of reasons. Because Kenna's afraid of touch-of what she'd do if she touched another person. And it was just so great to watch her go on this journey to try and control her power!

There was a bit of the mystery in the beginning, of what Kenna's power is. Because it's killed two people, but at the same time, she caused one of those deaths to heal her twin from what caused her death and bring her back. So it's pretty powerful, but like the synopsis says, it's dark.

And then she is sent to Eclipse, where it turns out there's more to the mystery, and her mom's connected, and that yeah, there's kinda a reason why it's dark-because of the source. This world Kalypso's, of people who can sense-and take-the life force of living creatures, was pretty interesting! Even if it had a bad background and use, and ending, well, still interesting!

Really fantastic book, and I enjoyed it and the pretty great ending so much! Now I want the sequel to Struck, I want it so badly!

Author: Jennifer Bosworth
Read: November 30th, 2015
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a SAC 2015 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Expected Publication: January 12th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!