Saturday, December 5, 2015

Week 49 Review: Stray

From Goodreads:
"I am grateful for my father, who keeps me good and sweet. I am grateful for my mother, who keeps her own heart guarded and safe. I am grateful for my adviser, who keeps me protected. I am grateful for the Path, which keeps me pure. Ever after."

Princess Aislynn has long dreamed about attending her Introduction Ball, about dancing with the handsome suitors her adviser has chosen for her, about meeting her true love and starting her happily ever after.

When the night of the ball finally arrives and Nerine Academy is awash with roses and royalty, Aislynn wants nothing more than to dance the night away, dutifully following the Path that has been laid out for her. She does not intend to stray.

But try as she might, Aislynn has never quite managed to control the magic that burns within her-magic brought on by wicked, terrible desires that threaten the Path she has vowed to take.

After all, it is wrong to want what you do not need. Isn't it?

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! I'd been a bit hesitant to read this book, because the synopsis basically said that it would push my buttons, so I'd kinda been avoiding it. But then I started it, and then just had to keep going, it was just so good!

I really enjoyed reading about Aislynn, she's royalty, but she has trouble following the rules and containing her magic. It doesn't help that the whole society is totally nuts and awful! And she goes through a lot changes in this book!

I have a few suspicions, like about her advisor and her fairy godmother Tahlia, and the wolf might be connected, as well as the lady who's house Aislynn and some Orphans stayed in, because I think that's going to be important! Plus, I want to know what's the truth of Queen Josetta!

What I'm really itching to know right now, is what the other version of the Four Sisters tales there is, the one that doesn't paint magic as something really bad, and is why the whole system of Maidens/Fairy Godmothers was set up. I want to know!

Really fantastic book, and I'm glad that I read this now, when the next book is coming out shortly, yeah, so I can have more time in this world!

Author: Elissa Sussman
Series: Four Sisters #1
Read: November 29th, 2015
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Greenwillow
Published: October 7th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!