Saturday, February 20, 2016

Week 8 Review: A Christmas Kerril

From Goodreads:
In this modern take on a holiday classic, high school junior, Kerril, faces her past, present, and future to be reminded of the good in others, and in herself.

Haunted by the memory of the worst of her divorced parents' public Christmas blowouts, Kerril, will do almost anything to avoid the upcoming tinsel-filled season. Unfortunately, a teacher with a grudge casts Kerril as the lead in the school's holiday production. To add to the misery, she will star alongside ultra-awkward Adam as her love interest. 

Wanting to ditch the play, Adam, her parents, and Christmas altogether, Kerril accepts an invitation to take off to a cabin with her ultimate dream crush, Perry – only Perry may not be the guy she hoped he was, and it's not until she's left Adam behind to fend for himself onstage that she realizes he might just be the guy of her dreams.

My Review:
Loved this book so much! I've really enjoyed Denise Jaden's books, and this one was no exception! Loved and enjoyed these characters, they were so fun and great to read about! Plus the fact that it's a retelling of A Christmas Carol, while they're putting on a play, yeah, fantastic!

I really enjoyed reading Kerril! She did make some pretty bad decisions, but you can't learn and grown without some mistakes along the way! She was also interesting, with her complicated family dynamics, and hatred of Christmas!

The way things developed between her and Adam, and her and Perry, it was really fascinating! That as all this was going on, there was her versions of Christmas Past, Present, and Future, and how things changed a bit as things were going on, that was really great!

Really great ending! So good, and a bit hard, but she made the right decision in the end and took the consequences of her actions. And worked out her issues pretty well, and found some happiness, so that was really great!

This book was so enjoyable and great, and I need to read more Denise Jaden books!

Author: Denise Jaden
Read: February 18th, 2016
Source: I don't know how I got this book, but I know it was so I could review it!
Reason Why: Love her books! And it's a SAC 2016 Book!
Publisher: Createspace
Published: October 17th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!