Saturday, July 2, 2016

Week 27 Review: Because I Love You

From Goodreads:
Eight weeks after sixteen-year-old Andie Hamilton gives her virginity to her best friend, "the stick" says she's pregnant. 

Her friends treat her like she's carrying the plague, her classmates torture and ridicule her, and the boy she thought loved her doesn't even care. Afraid to experience the next seven months alone, she turns to her ex-boyfriend, Neil Donaghue, a dark-haired, blue-eyed player. With him, she finds comfort and the support she desperately needs to make the hardest decision of her life: whether or not to keep the baby.

Then a tragic accident leads Andie to discover Neil's keeping a secret that could dramatically alter their lives, and she's forced to make a choice. But after hearing her son's heartbeat for the first time, she doesn't know how she’ll ever be able to let go.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! The synopsis hooked me, it was why I wanted to read this book. And yeah, it sounded like something that could happen in real life-people can be cruel like that, unfortunately. But it made for good reading, because this case, it's not real.

It was easy to put myself in Andie's shoes. Both from her voice and the writing, but who she was. She was young, and she had her group of friends, and because he becomes pregnant, things just kinda go up in the air, making things uncertain, which isn't a great position. But she works through it!

I really enjoyed her relationship with Neil. While they had had a romantic relationship, that didn't work out so well. But with the addition of her pregnancy, and how everybody treated her, the rekindled relationship, but different, was just great for her, and great to read!

The ending was a bit bittersweet. She didn't abort the baby, she gave him up for adoption. I didn't get what the terms of it were, whether she could visit, if he'd know he was adopted, that she was her bio mom, but yeah, she made the right decision for her and her child, and that was just great!

Really enjoyed this book, it was just so great!

Author: Tori Rigby
Read: June 31st, 2016
Source: YA Bound Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2016 Book!
Publisher: Blaze Publishing
Published: May 16th 2016
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!