Saturday, July 9, 2016

Week 28 Review: The King Slayer

From Goodreads:
"I think, in time, you'll either be my greatest mistake or my greatest victory."

Former witch hunter Elizabeth Grey is hiding within the magically protected village of Harrow, evading the price put on her head by Lord Blackwell, the usurper king of Anglia. Their last encounter left Blackwell ruined, but his thirst for power grows stronger every day. He's readying for a war against those who would resist his rule--namely Elizabeth and the witches and wizards she now calls her allies.

Having lost her stigma, a magical source of protection and healing, Elizabeth's strength is tested both physically and emotionally. War always means sacrifice, and as the lines between good and evil blur once more, Elizabeth must decide just how far she'll go to save those she loves.

My Review:
I just devoured this book, it was just so freaking good! I enjoyed so much about it, from seeing these characters again, dealing with the affects of the previous book, and yeah, reading Virginia Boecker's writing again!

This book picks up pretty soon after The Witch Hunter. Elizabeth's been healing from the events, and is now ready for her trial. And that brings up some complications, because the bad guys are getting into Harrow, and that's not a good thing!

We learned more about the stigma, and yeah, that was a bit creepy! And that it was now in John, and how it was affecting him...that was a bit hard to read! But it allowed for some planning and ideas to defeat Blackwell and his army!

Really enjoyed the ending of this book! It was hard, there were some losses, but Blackwell was defeated, and that's the main thing, even through the mourning! Though I'm kinda wondering, what happened to the Revenants that Blackwall made, like Caleb? Did they disappear or what? I've already forgotten if there was a mention of them!

Loved reading this book, it was so great, and I can't wait to read more by Virginia Boecker!

Author: Virginia Boecker
Series: The Witch Hunter #2
Read: July 4th, 2016
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Loved the first book! And it's a Historical Fiction 2016 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: June 14th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!