Saturday, July 30, 2016

Week 31 Review: Wild Things

From Goodreads:
Since Merit was turned into a vampire, and the protector of Chicago's Cadogan House, it's been a wild ride. She and Master vampire Ethan Sullivan have helped make Cadogan's vampires the strongest in North America, and forged ties with paranormal folk of all breeds and creeds, living or dead…or both.

But now those alliances are about to be tested. A strange and twisted magic has ripped through the North American Central Pack, and Merit's closest friends are caught in the crosshairs. Gabriel Keene, the Pack Apex, looks to Merit and Ethan for help. But who—or what—could possibly be powerful enough to out-magic a shifter?

Merit is about to go toe to toe, and cold steel to cold heart, to find out.

My Review:
Another excellent book in this series! I loved reading it, seeing these characters again, and dealing with some more out of control messes, and yeah, some really interesting things happened, and I can't wait to read the next book!

So of course, the mayor is still being horrible about sup rights, and takes it the next step, and that causes a lot of problems. And involves them in their latest case of kidnapped supernaturals. And some revelations there that were really interesting!

Of course, there was a lot of snark, and some really awesome movie references, which were great! And inter-spaced with that was investigative work and romance and politics. Because she owed a favor, and she paid up, and that's going to be a big thing in the upcoming books, I can't wait to see how it's going to play out!

Enjoyed the ending so much, it wrapped up nicely a great twist and I'm not sure if that's the end of Seth Tate's story, but all in all, things are better than when they started, and the future looks pretty bright, even the challenge Ethan is going to be making!

Such a great, enjoyable book, and I can't wait to read more of this series! I've almost caught up to what's been currently published, yeah!

Author: Chloe Neill
Series: Chicagoland Vampires #9
Read: July 29th, 2016
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love this series and her writing! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
Published: February 4th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!