Saturday, July 16, 2016

Week 29 Review: One Was Lost

From Goodreads:
Damaged. Deceptive. Dangerous. Darling. Are they labels or a warning? The answer could cost Sera everything.

Murder, justice, and revenge were so not a part of the plan when Sera set out on her senior camping trip. After all, hiking through the woods is supposed to be safe and uneventful.

Then one morning the group wakes up groggy, confused, and with words scrawled on their wrists: Damaged. Deceptive. Dangerous. Darling. Their supplies? Destroyed. Half their group? Gone. Their chaperone? Unconscious. Worst of all, they find four dolls acting out a murder—dolls dressed just like them.

Suddenly it's clear; they're being hunted. And with the only positive word on her wrist, Sera falls under suspicion…

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book! It was creepy and awesome, and just really enjoyable! I loved the characters and the mystery! This was a survival book, with a murderer out there, there was a lot of tension and creepiness going on!

This book was mostly about four people-Sera, Lucas, Jude and Emily-or as the words on the wrists say, Darling, Dangerous, Deception, Damaged. And in some ways these words fit what we knew about these characters. But it wasn't all that there was to them, and yeah, I really enjoyed getting to know these characters!

One big thing was the labels and how we put people in these boxes. And how that's not a really good thing, because we might not know the person that well or something. I can see them having some labels, but more things that are a part of them, but only one? People have a lot of faces, the ones they were at work or school, and at home. And you never knew which one, or combination of one, is going to affect a person's behavior!

I was wondering about who the bad guy was, and I had a suspicion that turned out to be correct, which was really awesome! It was a horrible thought, but it was twisty and awesome, and I enjoyed how it all turned out! Such a great mystery!

This was a fantastic book, and I need more Natalie D. Richards Books!

Author: Natalie D. Richards
Read: July 10th, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing! And it's a SAC 2016 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Expected Publication: October 4th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!