Saturday, August 22, 2020

Week 34 Review: Scared Little Rabbits

From Goodreads:
We stand in a tight cluster, high above the lake. One-by-one, we made our way up the narrow trail from the edge of campus. Now, we wait shoulder to shoulder behind the police tape. Nineteen summer students.

All but one.

When Nora gets accepted into her dream summer program at the prestigious Winthrop Academy, she jumps at the chance to put her coding skills to use. But then a fellow student goes missing-and the tech trail for the crime leads back to Nora. Running scared, Nora must race to clear her name and uncover the sordid truth...or she might be the next to disappear.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! It was just such an easy read, I finished it so quickly, it was really fast paced, and the story was so compelling! Plus with the prologue being near the end of the program, well, it had me itching to find out what exactly happened!

The whole idea of the app was pretty interesting. And I really enjoyed the fact that all of these characters were really good at coding, that we had 3 ladies who were. Sure, Maddox had talents to, but he brought beauty to the table more than coding skills, even if he was talented. At least, his role in this book wasn't focused on his skill, given that it's his relationships with Nora and Eleanor that caused a lot of drama!

We did get Eleanor's online diary entries, which was pretty interesting, given that she kept hinting at something, and I just wanted to know what was going on. And given the way that she was acting, well, when Nora became a suspect, I just wanted to know how it all worked out! 

That twist at the end, I guessed it before the characters did, and I was just on the edge of my seat, waiting to see how and when they'd figure it out. And it was all just a little sad, that if one thing hadn't have happened, all this loss wouldn't have happened. And it's just a little sad!

Yeah, I really enjoyed this read, it was thrilling, and I really enjoyed it!

Author: A.V. Gieger
Read: August 15th, 2020
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2020 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: December 3rd 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!