Sunday, August 30, 2020

Wheel of TBR #14, August 30th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.

Of the books from the last week, I read Legendborn, Dragon Untameable, and Ruthless Gods. Yeah, another week were I read all of my books!

This week I read the past wheel picks of Warriors of Wing and Flame by Sara B. Larson, so I have 17 past spins left, Sisters of Sword and Song by Rebecca Ross, From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Fortuna by Kristyn Merbeth, Kingdom of Souls by Rena Barron, We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal, Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson, Strange Grace by Tessa Gratton, Twin Daggers by MarcyKate Connolly, The Summer Set by Aimee Agresti, Set Fire to the Gods by Sara Raasch and Kristen Simmons, Crownchasers by Rebecca Coffindaffer, Changes in Latitudes by Jen Malone, Ghost Wood Song by Erica Waters, Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston, Good Girls Lie by J.T. Ellison, The Falling in Love Montage by Ciara Smyth, Master of One by Jaida Jones and Dani Bennett.

Prompts Used This Week:
Physical Book, Word, Retelling, Number, Big Book, Start the Series, Even Chapters, Beautiful Cover, A-Z Title, ARC-Edelweiss, Louisa Pick, Sat of Shelves,

Physical Book-Chartreuse-Smoke in the Sun by Renee Addieh-I bought this book in physical form to match the rest of her books!

Word-Rose-Midnight-The Tiger at Midnight by Swati Teerdhala-This one is easy. Though finding the word that worked was really hard, so many didn't, they were weird ones like combination.

Retelling-Blue-The Glass Queen by Gena Showalter-This is a retelling of Cinderella, so it counts.

Number-Red-1, 5-Emerald Blaze by Ilona Andrews-This is the 6th book in the Week 36 folder, so that's easy to fit!

Big Book-Cyan-The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson-Yeah, this book is long, the original hardcover has over 500 pages, so it definitely fits! So excited to read more of this world!

Start the Series-Blue-The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski-This is book 0.5, but since it's over 300 pages, well, I'm counting it as staring the series.

Even Chapters-Violet-Infinity Son by Adam Silvera-There are 44 chapters in this book, and 4 is an even number!

Beautiful Cover-Red-The Survivor by Bridget Tyler-I love the purple and the orange of this cover, I don't see those often together, and it looks fantastic!

A-Z Title-Green-F-Faith by Julie Murphy-Yeah, this was easy, it starts with F!

ARC-Edelweiss-Red-You Were Never Here by Kathleen Peacock-I got this book from Edelweiss, so that's an easy fit!

Louisa Pick-Magenta-Harrow the Ninth by Tasmyn Muir-I just really want to read this book, and waiting for ARC August to be over to read this book was hard!

Sat on Shelves-Spring Green-The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason-I got this book from Edelweiss in 2016. So yeah, I need to read it!

Colour Totals:
Red: 3
Orange: 0
Yellow: 0
Chartreuse: 1
Green: 2
Spring Green: 1
Cyan: 1
Azure: 0
Blue: 2
Violet: 1
Magneta: 1
Rose: 1

Prompts for Next Week:
Recommends-Red
Restart the Series-Orange
Wild Card-Yellow
DAC Book-Chartreuse
Hype-Green
A-Z Reading Challenge-Spring Green
Big Book-Cyan
Genre Most Read-Azure
Narrator-Blue
One Word Title-Violet
Dobby Pick-Magenta
Treat Yo' Shelf-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!