Saturday, October 17, 2020

Week 42 Review: Sixth of the Dusk

A fascinating new novella in Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere, the universe shared by his Mistborn series and the #1 New York Times bestselling Stormlight Archive.

Sixth of the Dusk, set in a never-before-seen world, showcases a society on the brink of technological change. On the deadly island of Patji, where birds grant people magical talents and predators can sense the thoughts of their prey, a solitary trapper discovers that the island is not the only thing out to kill him. When he begins to see his own corpse at every turn, does this spell danger for his entire culture?

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I love Brandon Sanderson's writing, I've really dived into the Cosmere world, and this was a great installment to the universe. I loved this world with islands being gods being worshiped, and birds that have magical powers, basically, and I wanted to know more about everything! 

Sixth of the Dusk was an interesting character. He's been trained in a profession that is dying out-that is in danger of becoming commercialized. His god island, Patji, is the most dangerous-and it turns out that he isn't alone. And the whole, seeing his corpse at every turn, I needed to know what was going on! 

There was so much cleverness in this book. From what the technologically adept society (tricky tricky) to what Sixth of the Dusk did to trick the predator's. Oh, and how Sixth of the Dusk was named in the traditional way-but not for the traditional meaning. It was just a delight! 

From what the plot is about, and from a comment or two that I've read, this story seems to be the furthest along in the timeline, that a sequel to this right now would "spoil space ace Cosmere politics." So I'm really excited for whenever we get a sequel! 

This was such a great read, I just enjoyed it so much! 

Author: Brandon Sanderson
Series: Cosmere
Read: October 12th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love his writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book! 
Publisher: Dragonsteel Entertainment, LLC
Published: October 16th 2014

5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!