Saturday, May 1, 2021

Week 17 Review: Fate

From Goodreads:
For the past two years, Bailey Morgan has lived a double life: high school student by day, ancient mystical being by night. As the third Fate, Bailey literally controls the fate of the world, but as Plain Old Bailey, her life is falling apart. She's got a tattoo that was supposed to be temporary (but isn't), friendships that were supposed to last forever (but might not), and no idea what her future holds after high school graduation.

Then Bailey meets the rest of the Sidhe, an ancient race defined by their power, beauty, and a sinister habit of getting what they want at any cost. Before Bailey knows it, she's being drawn into an otherworldly web more complicated than anything she weaves as a mortal Fate. 

My Review:
Oh, it was really great to be in this world again! I loved the first book, and I had to continue, because I love Jennifer Lynn Barnes writing so much, and I'm getting closer to having read all of her books! Just one more backlist series, I think, and keeping current with her new releases, which is no problem at all!

The first book had the powers shared amongst the four friends, but now Bailey is the only one with powers, she's the 3rd fate, and that leads to complications. We get to explore the Sidhe world-and oh, is there drama there!

We do still have Bailey's tight group of friends, and I'm just glad that they're still close, even though they're getting ready for college, they're tight knit, and they're supportive of Bailey, and I just love their relationships together! 

I do wish that we could've had a bit of a longer ending, I would've really liked to have a few more details as to how it was going to work out. I just love being in this world with these characters, and I don't want to say goodbye! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Jennifer Lynn Barnes! 

Author: Jennifer Lynn Barnes 
Series: Fate #2
Read: April 24th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love her writing and I really enjoyed the first book, and it's a End of Series 2021 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!  
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Published: January 1st 2009 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!