Saturday, May 1, 2021

Week 17 Review: Fireheart Tiger

From Goodreads:
Award-winning author Aliette de Bodard returns with Fireheart Tiger, a powerful romantic fantasy that reads like The Goblin Emperor meets Howl's Moving Castle in a pre-colonial Vietnamese-esque world.

Fire burns bright and has a long memory….

Quiet, thoughtful princess Thanh was sent away as a hostage to the powerful faraway country of Ephteria as a child. Now she's returned to her mother's imperial court, haunted not only by memories of her first romance, but by worrying magical echoes of a fire that devastated Ephteria's royal palace.

Thanh's new role as a diplomat places her once again in the path of her first love, the powerful and magnetic Eldris of Ephteria, who knows exactly what she wants: romance from Thanh and much more from Thanh's home. Eldris won't take no for an answer, on either front. But the fire that burned down one palace is tempting Thanh with the possibility of making her own dangerous decisions.

Can Thanh find the freedom to shape her country's fate—and her own?

My Review:
Man this was wonderful read! I wasn't really expecting to, but it was a quick novella, and it sounded really good, so I picked it up, and I had a really great time reading it! I loved this world and these politics, they were so interesting to read!

Thanh was her country's hostage to another, has spent a good chunk of her life in another court. But now she's back home, with the most emotinally charged person from the other nation following her, her first love Eldris. I felt so bad for Thanh, to be used like this!

Eldris, while yes, love lesbian romance, Eldris was not a nice person. She saw Thanh more as a possession then another person, and I really didn't like the way that she treated Thanh. But what she doesn't know, is definitely going to screw up her plans!

Because that fire, well, came from Giang, with whom Thanh has started to develop something with, which I enjoyed much more then the prospect of Eldris. I loved how the tides of the politics flowed, and how Thanh saved her country from being taken over by Eldris' empire! 

Loved reading this book, and I'll have to check out Aliette de Vidard's other books!

Author: Aliette de Vidard
Read: April 26th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Tordotcom
Published: February 9th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!