Saturday, May 1, 2021

Week 17 Review: Tears of Frost

From Goodreads:
The electric second book in the Heart of Thorns trilogy explores the effects of power in a dark magical kingdom—and the fierce courage it takes to claim your body as your own.

Mia Rose is back from the dead. Her memories are hazy, her body numb—but she won't stop searching. Her only hope to save the boy she loves and the sister who destroyed her is to find the mother she can never forgive. Pilar is on a hunt of her own. Betrayed by her mother, and plagued by a painful secret, she's determined to seek out the only person who can exact revenge. All goes according to plan… until she collides with Prince Quin, the boy whose sister she killed.


As Mia, Pilar, and Quin forge dangerous new alliances, they are bewitched by the snow kingdom's promise of freedom and opportunity. But with the winter solstice drawing near, they must confront the truth beneath the glimmering ice, as lines between friend, foe, and lover vanish like snowflakes on a flame.


My Review:
Oh, I had an excellent time reading this book! I loved the first one, and after that evil ending, I had to know what was going to happen next! And boy was this book a thrill ride, there was so much going on, and I loved every minute of it!

Things left off with such a bang in the last book, with everyone knowing that Mia was dead-but she came back. We know that the same thing happened to her mom, but getting to her is going to be a problem. Plus there's all the complicated emotions from the various other events of that end. 

They're initially separated, but as they travel, they start coming together again. Which is good and bad, good that they're together, safety in numbers, but also bad, with the hard feelings and the conflicting agendas that they have.

And there was another evil cliffhanger! So much happened in this book, so many ups and downs and reveals, and that was where they end things! I really need book 3, because I need to know how they're going to deal with all of this! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to see how things are all going to end! 

Author: Bree Barton
Series: Heart of Thorns #2
Read: April 28th, 2021
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Published: November 5th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!