Saturday, May 1, 2021

Week 17 Reviews: Soulbound, Soulbroken


What's worse than being blackmailed to attend a hidden school where you're treated like a second-class citizen? How about nearly getting eaten by a monster when you arrive? Or learning that your soulmate was killed in a centuries-old secret war? And then there's the evil king who's determined to rule the world unless you can stop him...

Meet Kaya, a young woman with the power to heal and the determination to fight. But struggle as she will, she remains tied to three very different men: a hero who has forsaken glory, a tyrannical ruler who wants to use Kaya, and a warrior who's stolen her heart. Kaya learns the hard way that some ties can't be broken...and blood is the strongest bond of all.

Sometimes you have to break the rules to discover the truth.

In this long-awaited follow up to LEGACY OF TRIL: SOULBOUND, Healer Kaya is shocked to learn that she is Soulbound to Darius, the Barron she secretly trained with at Shadow Academy. But when Darius is sent away before she can get answers, Kaya is left with no choice but to follow. Kaya wants nothing more than to understand how it is that Darius could be Soulbound to two Healers and prove herself worthy of fighting in the war against the Graplar King, but Tril is a vast and dangerous place, and her journey is full of unexpected obstacles—such as her parents having gone missing and Graplars attacking Unskilled villages more and more.

Also unexpected is the mysterious Barron named Gage who she befriends in her travels. But not all is what it seems. Darius has shocking information about Gage—information that changes everything Kaya thought she knew about what it means to be Soulbound. 

My first review of Soulbound
My Review:
Well, I freaking loved these books! I loved Soulbound the first time I read it, and I was really excited to finally have the sequel! And they were both such great reads! I loved being in this world again, and with these characters, it's just so good! 

I was feeling the same things as I was the first time that I read Soulbound-it was just so unfair the way that she was treated. I was just so annoyed at anyone who thought she couldn't train. And that ending was still killer, but at least it was soothed by the fact that I could dive straight into Soulbroken!

Soulbroken was really great, we got to see so much more of the world, and I really enjoyed learning about it. And then there was Gage, who I wasn't certain about. So that was really fun to watch play out! We learned more, and it was so great! 

If I have one complaint, it's that I wish that we got more detail in Soulbroken. I wish we could've learned more about the bad guy and his past and motivations, it all happened so quickly. And I would've liked more of an epilogue, I always do! 

Loved reading these books, and I can't wait to read more by Z Brewer! 

Author: Z Brewer
Series: Legacy of Tril #1, 2
First Read: May 7, 2012
Read: April 24th, 24th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books! And Soulbroken is a End of Series 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Dial, Purple Lightning Press
Published: June 19th 2012, August 4th 2020

Soulbound:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

Soulbroken:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!