Saturday, June 5, 2021

Week 22 Review: Brazen

From Goodreads:
Sworn to an ancient god of darkness, Jae Hwa fights to gain her freedom and restore the balance of Korea… but first she must gain back the trust of her loved ones.

Jae Hwa Lee spent her sixteenth year in Seoul, trying to destroy the evil immortals who had been torturing her family for centuries. The last thing she expected was to be forced to become their assassin. Trapped in the darkest part of the Spirit World as a servant to the Korean god Kud, fighting to keep her humanity, and unable to contact her loved ones, Jae Hwa is slowly losing hope. Kud, god of darkness, will do anything to keep her as a pawn in his quest for power over all of Korea, her entire family thinks she's dead, and Jae's true love, Marc, believes she is lost to him forever.

When Kud sends Jae to find and steal the powerful Black Turtle orb, Jae sees an opportunity to break free and defeat Kud once and for all…but first she needs to regain Marc's trust and work with him to vanquish the darkness that threatens to overwhelm Korea. There's much to lose as Jae struggles to save the land she's come to call home. 

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I mean, I love this series so much, it's so fantastic and unique, and I love exploring this world that Christina Farley created, but its been a minute since I read the first two books, so I actually read the last chunk of the previous book before going into this one. And I'm so glad that I did, though there was enough detail I could've gone without, but it was great to have that refresher! 

The end of the previous book was evil, and now Jae is in an awful situation. My big question was how she was going to get out of it, because I mean, being forced to kill for the very beings that have been haunting her family for centuries is nothing you want to be in. And it was such a fantastic story! 

Jae had to be creative to deal with her situation, to figure out ways to thwart Kud. Given that she's the one who can find the Black Turtle orb that he needs, she does have some more wiggle room. It's still a very difficult process, and she faces a lot throughout!

That final battle was so excellent, how they beat the bad guy! I just wish we could've had a bit more of a conclusion afterwards, to see what life was life. But other then that, this book was so great, and was a really great ending to this series, I loved reading it! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait to read more by Christina Farley! 

Author: Christina Farley 
Series: Gilded #3
Read: May 29th, 2021
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a End of Series 2021 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book, WoW Book and WTC Book! 
Publisher: Skyscape 
Published: September 29th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!