Saturday, October 2, 2021

Week 39 Review: Chance of a Lifetime

From Goodreads:

Outlander meets The Lake House (movie) in this epic love story that crosses continents and centuries. Master storyteller Jude Deveraux joins forces with up and coming author Tara Sheets to create a series that will appeal to women's fiction and romance readers alike. A rogue thief in 1840s Ireland is sent by angels to a contemporary small town in America to make amends for his crimes in the past. Forbidden to tell anyone why he is there he must convince the woman he loves to marry another man or be damned for eternity.

Liam O'Connor's soul is up for judgment and the angels are ready to condemn him. A thief and a rogue in 1840's Ireland, Liam unwittingly altered the fates of many when he fell in love with Cora McLeod and she ran off with Liam rather than marry her intended, Finn. Now he must make amends so that everyone he impacted meets their intended fates. Liam is sent to the small town of Providence Falls where no one knows him but he knows everyone from their past lives. He has three months to ensure that contemporary Cora, now a police detective, falls in love with Finn a kind and quiet lawyer. But Liam's passion for Cora is as strong as it was in centuries past and the temptation to be with her again is overpowering and the chemistry between them undeniable. Told in dual timelines, readers will discover what happened to Liam and Cora in their past lives and will wait breathlessly to discover why it is so important that their futures are altered. Both a contemporary love story and an historical mystery with an element of magical realism make this genre mash up an irresistible listen for Jude's fans and for new fans alike.

My Review:
This was a really great book! I loved this concept, of these two falling in love when it wasn't planned, and now he has to get her to fall in love with the guy she was supposed to end up with, but she doesn't remember him, but he does! 

The beginning of this book, we get Liam sent to modern day Cora. And then we get a chapter of when Liam and Cora first met. And I wanted more of that story, what was going to go wrong, because we know it did. And then it went to the present, and oh, I was just dying for more, this book definitely had me on the edge of my seat!

I loved watching them fall in love in the past, and at the same time, watch him try and steer her towards the guy she was supposed to marry. It was such a great juxtaposition, on top of the different settings. These characters were brought to life, and I loved their romance! 

I'm really excited to see where things go from here. I mean, he's kinda bending the rules to the point of them snapping, because he and Cora do have that love between them. So I'm really excited to see how it's all going to work out! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to read the sequel! 

Authors: Jude Deveraux and Tara Sheets
Series: Providence Falls #1
Read: September 30th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss/Bought
Reason Why: I love Jude Deveraux's writing, it sounded great, and it's a Historical Fiction 2021 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Mira Books
Published: September 25th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!