Saturday, October 2, 2021

Week 39 Review: The God of Lost Words

From Goodreads:
To save the Library of the Unwritten in Hell, former librarian Claire and her allies may have to destroy it first.

Claire, the rakish Hero, the angel Rami, and the muse turned librarian Brevity have accomplished the impossible by discovering the true nature of unwritten books. But now that the secret is out, Hell will be coming for every wing of the library in its quest for power.

My Review:
Oh, man, this book! Things have been building for a while, and now the threat that the Library is facing is coming straight on, and it is not a good time for them! I've loved this concept from the beginning, and it came to a very fitting, if devastating, end! 

If I wanted one thing from this book that I didn't quite get, would be of Claire, Hero, and Rami. They have their thing, but it's never fully explored with all of them, and I would've loved that. And it's the end, and now we have a 95% chance of never getting it, the 5% being a short story or something which I would absolutely love! 

I've been wondering about the epigraphs from the beginning. Of what the one librarian did that left the library without anyone for a century. Well, that's a big part of this book, because what happened then is helping them with what's happening now, because it's happening again! 

But that ending? It must've been the week for reading that kind of ending, one that's perfect for the world and what's happened previously in the series, but oh, does it hurt! I wish that it hadn't cost them that much, that they could find a similar solution that didn't do this to them. Bah! 

This was a wonderful book, and a really fantastic end to the series! And I can't wait to see what A.J. Hackwith writes next!  

Author: A.J. Hackwith
Series: Hell's Library #3
Read: September 29th, 2021
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a End of Series 2021 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Ace
Expected Publication: November 2nd 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!