Saturday, October 2, 2021

Week 39 Review: The Last Graduate

From Goodreads:
A budding dark sorceress determined not to use her formidable powers uncovers yet more secrets about the workings of her world in the stunning sequel to A Deadly Education, the start of Naomi Novik's groundbreaking crossover series.

At the Scholomance, El, Orion, and the other students are faced with their final year—and the looming specter of graduation, a deadly ritual that leaves few students alive in its wake. El is determined that her chosen group will survive, but it is a prospect that is looking harder by the day as the savagery of the school ramps up. Until El realizes that sometimes winning the game means throwing out all the rules . . . 

My Review:
It was so great to be in this world again! I just might reread A Deadly Education next month, just because I need more of this world. I don't know, maybe I'll hold off until closer to the release of book 3, because I think this series is a trilogy. I could read it both times, because this series is just that good. Who knows! I just need more! 

This book was just incredible, and it does take place over the course of a year, which is much longer than the first book, which was like about a month. Loved watching a full school year-though it's a very unusual one, given everything that Orion has done the whole time he's been there, and what they did at the end of the last book!

One thing that I loved about this book was that it was a bit of a role reversal, of El saving Orion. It's kinda hilarious, and kind of a bit sad. But then there was also so much going on, things were building in the background, toward a destination that had been unknown but chosen, and getting ever closer to arriving to! 

Oh, but that ending! That was just absolutely fantastic but oh, did that hurt! And oh, did it hurt more than the ending of the first book, because the stakes are infinitely higher, there's an actual threat vs. the confusion of why her mom would send that note. And I need to know how they're going to fix things, because it can't end like that! And I really hope that book 3, like this book, picks off right after the ending of this book, because I want to see how El's going to react!

This was such an incredible read, and I just need book 3 so much! 

Author: Naomi Novik
Series: The Scholomance #2
Read: September 28th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Del Rey Books
Published: September 28th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!