Saturday, October 2, 2021

Week 39 Review: Cast in Firelight

From Goodreads:
The first book in an epic, heart-pounding fantasy duology about two royal heirs betrothed to be married, but whose loyalties are torn, and a ruthless enemy who threatens their world, perfect for fans of Sabaa Tahir, Hafsah Faizal, and Renée Ahdieh.

Adraa is the royal heir of Belwar, a talented witch on the cusp of taking her royal ceremony test, and a girl who just wants to prove her worth to her people.

Jatin is the royal heir to Naupure, a competitive wizard who's mastered all nine colors of magic, and a boy anxious to return home for the first time since he was a child.

Together, their arranged marriage will unite two of Wickery's most powerful kingdoms. But after years of rivalry from afar, Adraa and Jatin only agree on one thing: their reunion will be anything but sweet.

Only, destiny has other plans and with the criminal underbelly of Belwar suddenly making a move for control, their paths cross…and neither realizes who the other is, adopting separate secret identities instead.

Between dodging deathly spells and keeping their true selves hidden, the pair must learn to put their trust in the other if either is to uncover the real threat. Now Wickery's fate is in the hands of rivals..? Fiancées..? Partners..? Whatever they are, it's complicated and bound for greatness or destruction. 

My Review:
This book was such a great read! The idea of these two who were betrothed when they were children, didn't get off to good start, and have had such a antagonistic relationship, long distance, meeting again under different names, and actually liking one another, just sounded like such a great concept! I couldn't wait to see how it played out when they found out who the other was! Such a great read!

Through a series of miscommunications and assumptions, they end up meeting again after many years apart, thinking that the other was someone else, not their betrothed. Just goes to show that people can change, and what you didn't like about someone, might grow on you. I really enjoyed their relationship!

The investigation into what was going on with the thefts of Adraa's creations, into what's going on with the criminals reaching for power, I was intrigued to see what was going to happen next. And oh, the way things wrapped up have me so excited to see where things go in book 2! 

I'm really glad that I read this when I did, because book 2 is coming out in a few months. For some reason, I thought that it came out June 2020, which would've made my timing even better, but yeah, I can't wait to see where things go from here! I don't know if this is a duology or longer series, but I can't wait to find out!

This was an epic book, and I can't wait for the sequel! 

Author: Dana Swift
Series: Wickery #1
Read: September 29th, 2021
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Published: January 19th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!