Saturday, January 15, 2022

Week 2 Review: Katara and the Pirate's Silver

From Goodreads:
It's sink or swim for Katara!

When Team Avatar is suddenly ambushed by the Fire Nation, Katara gets separated from the group. Unable to rendezvous with Aang, Toph, and Sokka, Katara must avoid capture by aligning herself with some unlikely allies! The normally sweet and sensitive Katara will need to explore her tougher side if she's going to reunite with the rest of Team Avatar....

Written by Faith Erin Hicks (The Adventures of Superhero Girl, The Nameless City) and drawn by Peter Wartman (Stonebreaker), with colors by Adele Matera and letters by ComiCraft's Jimmy Betancourt, in collaboration with Avatar: The Last Airbender animated series writer Tim Hedricks!

My Review:
This was such a fun graphic novel to read! I love Avatar, and I'm trying to consume all of it's content! This takes place in season 2, after they've hooked up with Toph, but before they go to the Great Library. I really enjoyed this adventure!

Katara is alone, and she's trapped in a village. I loved how she tried to be tough like Toph, and her meeting up with these pirates. Though she is wary, and doesn't like how they are acting towards the Earth Kingdom, given the Fire Nation's treatment of it. Loved how that story played out!

This is a story aimed primarily at younger readers. I loved the lesson that Katara learns in this, that the pirates are not so much pirates right now, but smugglers trying to do their best for the innocent in their country! 

The story mainly focuses on Katara, but we do get some time with the rest of the gang, as they try to convince a Fire Nation solider of the truth. Which goes about as well as you can expect, the Fire Nation has indoctrinated its subjects for 100 years. That last scene with that solider was just hilarious! 

I really enjoyed this story, and I can't wait to continue! 

Authors: Faith Erin Hicks and Peter Wartman, Illustrated by Adele Matera
Series: Avatar: The Last Airbender Comics #0.5
Read: January 12th, 2022
Source: Online
Reason Why: Love this world, and I need to read all the content, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Dark Horse Books 
Published: October 13th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!