Saturday, January 22, 2022

Week 3 Review: So This is Love

From Goodreads:
What if Cinderella never tried on the glass slipper?

Unable to prove that she's the missing princess, and unable to bear life under Lady Tremaine any longer, Cinderella starts work at the palace as a seamstress. However, when Cinderella finds herself witness to a grand conspiracy to take the king - and the prince - out of power, she is faced with questions of love and loyalty to the kingdom.

Cinderella must find a way to stop the villains of past and present... before it's too late.

My Review:
I had a really great time listening to this audiobook! I was so apprehensive that something would go terribly wrong, but I just had to know what would happen next! And things never got as bad as my anxiety would like me to think, so that was great! It was so great to watch Cinderella learn to stand up for herself, because she never really has the chance to in the movie. 

The fact that Cinderella never tries on the slipper, it sets things into motion, like the Grand Duke Ferdinand to play a much bigger part, and there's new characters like Prince Charles aunt Genevieve, and I really enjoyed exploring all of that. Plus the politics and the history of these characters, both of Cinderella and of Prince Charles! Loved that!

Oh, and how magic is banned in Aurelais, which just puts Cinderella in interesting place, because she did get to the ball the first time because of said magic. And of course she wants to make things better for her Fairy Godmother! Loved that part of the story! 

I really enjoyed how Cinderella and Charles were reunited, after another close encounter! It was so precious, and I was just beaming with emotions! Sure, things weren't solved, though they were soon to be, but they were together, and that was just really great! 

This was another great retelling, and I can't wait to continue on! I've almost caught up now! 

Author: Elizbeth Lim, Narrated by Esther Wane
Series: Twisted Tales #9
Read: January 21st, 2022
Source: Library 
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a 2022 Retelling Reading Challenge 2022 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Blackstone Publishing/Disney Hyperion 
Published: June 22nd 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!