Saturday, January 22, 2022

Week 3 Review: Wanderlust

From Goodreads:
Sirantha Jax doesn't take chances… she jumps at them…

Sirantha Jax is a "Jumper," a woman who possesses the unique genetic makeup needed to navigate faster than light ships through grimspace. Jax has worked for the Farwan Corporation her entire career. But now the word’s out that the Corp deliberately crashed a passenger ship, and their stranglehold on intergalactic commerce has crumbled—which means that Jax is out of a job.

She's also broke, due to being declared dead a little prematurely. So when the government asks her to head up a vital diplomatic mission, Jax takes it. Her mandate: journey to the planet Ithiss-Tor and convince them to join the Conglomerate.

But Jax's payday is light years away. First, she'll have to contend with Syndicate criminals, a stormy relationship with her pilot, man-eating aliens, and her own grimspace-weakened body. She'll be lucky just to make it to Ithiss-Tor alive…

My Review:
I had a really great time reading this book! I love this world, and I really enjoyed this chance to explore it further, and I really enjoyed spending more time with these characters! After all that they accomplished in the first book, it was exciting to see where they went from here!

The way things ended with the first book, well, they overthrew a major company that was in control of the major ways of travel. It's going to have ripple effects. And that was kind of a big deal, so I needed to know what was going to happen in this book.

I've read the synopsis of the rest of the series, and I've read the spin off series. So I have an idea of where it's going, but no idea of how it's getting there. Which, to be fair, this was basically a travel book, to get to Ithiss-Tor. But boy, was it a ride!

This book was darker than the first, these characters are all a little messed up. They survived the events of the previous book, but that doesn't cover all the damage life has given to them. But it has me interested to see just how dark this series will get-and how much light it will have, as well! 

Loved reading this book, and I'm so excited to continue and see where it goes from here! 

Author: Ann Aguirre
Series: Sirantha Jax #2
Read: January 15th, 2022
Source:  Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book in the series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Ace Books
Published: August 26th 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!