Saturday, January 1, 2022

Week 52 Review: 14 Ways to Die

From Goodreads:
A page-turning new YA thriller for the social media age, perfect for fans of A Good Girl's Guide to Murder and One Of Us Is Lying.

Ten years ago, Jess's mother was murdered by the Magpie Man.

She was the first of his victims but not the last.

Now Jess is the star of a YouTube reality series and she's using it to catch the killer once and for all.

The whole world is watching her every move.

And so is the Magpie Man.

My Review:
This was a really fantastic read! The whole concept of someone using their social media platform and influence to help catch a killer is a pretty interesting one! And this book was so fast to read, the chapters never got more than 3 pages, and most were about one, and it was so easy to fly through this book! 

I had some imaginings what this book would be about, but I didn't quite guess. I thought that she would have her own channel, but it's a series that she joins, and it's a competition between her and other people with interesting hooks, to get the most views, so they can continue to be on the show. I would've liked a little bit more of this, especially given what happens with the show there...

A good portion of this book is about grief, and how people deal with it in various ways, and some ways different people react to it. Jess and her dad have been living with the loss of her mother for years, and they both have different ways of coping. 

I loved how the clues came together! Some things that we didn't know at the time were clues, but they were planted, and so that ending came together really well! That was pretty intense, but Jess mostly kept her head, and that just worked out very well!

Loved reading it, it was a compelling mystery! 

Author: Vincent Ralph  
Read: December 28th, 2021
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2021 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire 
Published: June 1st 2021 
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!