Saturday, January 1, 2022

Week 52 Review: Dreams Lie Beneath

From Goodreads:
Perfect for readers of The Hazel Wood and The Night Circus, this lush and layered story about magic and the captivating power of dreams is delivered with acclaimed author Rebecca Ross's signature exquisite style.

A curse plagues the realm of Azenor—during each new moon, magic flows from the nearby mountain and brings nightmares to life. Only magicians, who serve as territory wardens, stand between people and their worst dreams.

Clementine Madigan is ready to take over as the warden of her small town, but when two magicians challenge her, she is unwittingly drawn into a century-old conflict. She seeks revenge, but as she secretly gets closer to Phelan, one of the handsome young magicians, secrets begin to rise. Clementine must unite with her rival to fight the realm's curse, which seems to be haunting her every turn. 

My Review:
Well this was a really fantastic read! I really am loving Rebecca Ross's books, the worlds and characters she creates are just so easy to read, and I devoured this book in less than a day, because I did read other books besides this one on the 28th. I stayed up a little bit late, but it was worth it because it was a fantastic read!

The idea of a court that killed their Duke, and then were cursed, was a pretty interesting idea, and how that led to dreams walking. Which lead to magicians fighting dreams when they walked the streets on new moons. It was pretty interesting world building!

Clementine was a fantastic character to read about! She has her pride in the position that her dad holds, but when that's lost, well, she goes on a bit of a vengeance kick, and makes some questionable decisions, and it was anxiety inducing to read, but I loved it! 

I did guess which one of the twins her dad was. But that one final twist? That one I didn't guess, and that one hurt! Oh, was it a fantastic twist! With all the twists that had come before, it all came together really well! That ending was just fantastic! 

This was an amazing read, and I can't wait to see what Rebecca Ross writes next! 

Author: Rebecca Ross
Read: December 28th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Quill Tree Books 
Published: November 2nd 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!