Saturday, July 2, 2022

Week 26 Review: Doubleblind

From Goodreads:
It's not easy to tread lightly wearing steel-toed boots.

Sirantha Jax isn't known for diplomatic finesse. As a "Jumper" who navigates ships through grimspace, she's used to kicking ass first and taking names later—much later. Not exactly the obvious choice to sell the Conglomerate to the Ithtorians, a people whose opinions of humans are as hard as their exoskeletons.

And Ithiss-Tor council meetings aren't the only place where Ambassador Jax needs to maneuver carefully. Her lover, March, is frozen in permanent "kill" mode, and his hair-trigger threatens to sabotage the talks—not to mention their relationship.

But Jax won't give up on the man or the mission. With the Outskirts beleaguered by raiders, pirates, and the flesh-eating Morgut, an alliance with Ithiss-Tor may be humanity's only hope.

Which has Jax wondering why a notorious troublemaker like her was given the job.

My Review:
Oh, this was another nail bitter! Jax books are pretty high action, and I love watching her and the gang face off against these threats! And given that she's supposed to be an ambassador to a very difficult group, well, there's politics that are not her forte, and I loved watching it unfold!

After all the trouble that it took to get here, well, now the hard part starts. I loved watching Jax have to deal with all these politics which are not her strong suit, with a species that humanity doesn't get along with very well. It's a tense situation! 

I knew from having read the Dred Chronicles, that Jael was going to do something bad in this series, and I knew from Ann Aguirre's website that it was going to happen in this book. But it was not easy watching it go down, even knowing what he has coming in the future. 

When you add the troubles that Marsh is going through, Jax has her hands full! I felt so badly for them, because he knows that he loved her, but he's not actually feeling it right now, and it's loathsome situation that they're in! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait to continue! 

Author: Ann Aguirre  
Series: Sirantha Jax #3
Read: July 29th, 2022
Source: Bought 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge Book, RR Book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Ace Books
Published: August 29th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!