Saturday, July 2, 2022

Week 26 Review: Vengeance Road

From Goodreads:
When Kate Thompson's father is killed by the notorious Rose Riders for a mysterious journal that reveals the secret location of a gold mine, the eighteen-year-old disguises herself as a boy and takes to the gritty plains looking for answers and justice. What she finds are devious strangers, dust storms, and a pair of brothers who refuse to quit riding in her shadow. But as Kate gets closer to the secrets about her family, she gets closer to the truth about herself and must decide if there's room for love in a heart so full of hate. In the spirit of True Grit, the cutthroat days of the Wild West come to life for a new generation.

My Review:
Man, this was a fantastic book to read! I've really enjoyed Erin Bowman's sci fi series, and her first book, but it was really great to read her first western! I had a really great time with these characters and the adventure that they go on! 

This is a story about revenge, and the lengths one will go for it. It's also about family, and the relationships that you have with the various members, and how complicated that can be. Kate is a strong woman, and she's very determined to get her revenge on the Rose Riders. 

One thing that's a bit wild to me is that Kate really enjoyed Little Women. I've read it, but it's been so long since I did. And I didn't realize that it was published that far back. So that was just a little bit mind blowing to me! 

This book is pretty brutal, there's a lot of death, and a lot of men driven crazy at the thought of gold. There's also a little bit of love, and oh, is there a few awful twists. Those at the end, man, they were pretty big gut punches. But I loved watching them play out! It was so entertaining to read! Loved how everything worked out! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to move onto the sequel! 

Author: Erin Bowman
Series: Vengeance Road #1
Read: June 29th, 2022
Source: Library
Reason Why: Enjoyed her other books, and it's a Historical Fiction 2022 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Published: September 1st 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!