Saturday, July 2, 2022

Week 26 Review: Killer Content

From Goodreads:
Knives Out meets One of Us is Lying! In this paperback original thriller a group of famous TikTokers find themselves turning on each other when one member of the group turns up dead at their beachfront Malibu mansion.

35 million followers. One dead body.

The six teenagers who make up the Hype House seem to have it all. A beach front Malibu mansion, millions of TikTok followers, model good looks, and sponsorship deals up to $30,000 per post. Everything's pretty much a Gen-Z paradise. Except that one member of the house has just turned up dead in the infinity pool. And the rest of them are suspects.

When the group TikTok account starts posting cryptic messages about the murder, the police limit their investigation to the members of the house. Now old joke videos are filed as evidence and past rivalries start to look like motives.

As investigators dig into these influencers' lives beyond their glossy internet personalities, they discover all five had reasons their lives would've been easier with Sydney Reynolds dead. But only one of them killed her.

Underlined is a line of totally addictive romance, thriller, and horror paperback original titles coming to you fast and furious each month. Enjoy everything you want to read the way you want to read it.

My Review:
This was such an entertaining read! I love the concept of a bunch of teenaged TikTok stars living under one roof, to amplify their shared audiences. And then to add a murder on top of that, well, there was a lot of drama, and it was fantastic to read!

The way that this was told was really great. We had the various characters, and how long it was-either before or after, the death of Sydney. So we got see see all these various characters relationships and their secrets, and how everything built up to the death, and that was pretty great!

I did guess the big twist, though not all of the details. Because I was listening to the audiobook, I did have to stop it a few times, and that gave me a chance to think about it, and there were two details-twins, and the bracelet that had me scratching my head. So loved how it turned out!

This book also revealed what was going on to us the readers before it did so to the characters, and I loved watching all that unfold. And when they found out what was going on, well, I loved how it all came together, that ending was pretty intense! 

This was a really fantastic mystery and I had a really great time reading it! 

Author: Kiley Roache 
Read: June 25th, 2022
Source: Library 
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Penguin Random House Audio Publishing Group
Published: November 30th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!