Saturday, July 2, 2022

Week 26 Review: Traitor's Blade

From Goodreads:
The King is dead, the Greatcoats have been disbanded and Falcio Val Mond and fellow magistrates Kest and Brasti have been reduced to working as bodyguards for a nobleman who refuses to pay them. Things could be worse - their employer could be lying dead on the floor while the three of them are forced to watch as the killer plants evidence framing them for the murder. Oh, wait, that's exactly what's happening...

A royal conspiracy is about to unfold in the most corrupt city in the world and it could mean the ruin of everything Falcio, Kest and Brasti have fought for. If the trio want to unwind the conspiracy, save the innocents and reunite the Greatcoats, they'll have to do it with nothing but the tattered coats on their backs and the swords in their hands, because these days every noble is a tyrant, every knight is a thug and the only thing you can really trust is a traitor's blade.

My Review:
This was a really fantastic read! Sebastien de Castell is one of my favourite YouTuber's favourite authors, so reading this book was a no-brainer. I had such a great time in this world, the politics were incredible and infuriating!

While Falcio is biased with his love for the king, he did mention how bad it was before the king, and how bad it is now, and he's our main character, so I'm inclined to believe that the king was better than the dukes, even if it wasn't perfect. But oh, the way that the king was talked about, and how the Greatcoats were, as well, was not great!

I really enjoyed the humour in this book, it was my kind of tea, and while it won't be everyone's, it was mine, and I had a lot of fun reading it, even if the circumstances were pretty grim, and because it was grim, that I enjoyed it. I just love that kind of humor! 

Things kick off with a bang with this gang being framed for the murder of a guy that they were guarding, and things just take off from there. I really enjoyed this adventure, there was a good mix of mystery and politics, and I couldn't put it down! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Sebastien de Castell
Series: Greatcoats #1 
Read: June 25th, 2022
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Jo Fletcher Books
Published: February 10th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!