Saturday, July 2, 2022

Week 26 Reviews: The Darkest Prison, The Darkest Whisper


From Goodreads:
Once, Atlas, the Titan god of Strength, was the Greek goddess Nike's slave. Now, he is her master. And soon these sworn enemies destined to destroy one another will be forced to risk everything for a chance at love...

From Goodreads:
He is the keeper of Doubt and his entire world's about to be rocked.

Bound by the demon of doubt, Sabin unintentionally destroys even the most confident of lovers. So the immortal warrior spends his time on the battlefield instead of the bedroom, victory his only concern…until he meets Gwendolyn the Timid. One taste of the beautiful redhead, and he craves more.

Gwen, an immortal herself, always thought she'd fall for a kind human who wouldn't rouse her darker side. But when Sabin frees her from prison, battling their enemies for the claim to Pandora's box turns out to be nothing compared to the battle Sabin and Gwen will wage against love…

My first review of The Darkest Prison, The Darkest Whisper
My Review:
I had a really great time rereading these books! I love this series, and Gena Showalter's writing, and these were some really great stories! Atlas and Nike, Gwen and Sabin, they're both really great couples to read about!

The Darkest Prison, I loved seeing what it was like for the Gods, with their reversal in fortunes. And Nike and Atlas had a pretty interesting past, given that they're both the deity of strength, and he seduced her to get out of prison-but he also seduced the rest of the female staff. And now that she's his prisoner, well, the power has shifted, and I just love their story!

The Darkest Whisper, I know what's coming, and I remembered some of the big reveals, like who her dad was. And so while I know that they had obstacles to overcome, I had a great time reading their journey of how they were going to do so! 

While this book does try to continue on the hunt for the rest of the artifacts, there's also the introduction of the Harpies, and I love what that does for the world, between how many lords find happiness with a harpy, and our spin off series Rise of the Warlords which so far features Harpy heroines! So excited to watch it play out from here!

I loved rereading these books and I can't wait to continue! 

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Lords of the Underworld #3.5, 4
First Read: 2008, 2009
Second Read:  August 3rd, 2013, June 6th, 2013
Read: June 26th, 26th, 2022
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Books!
Publisher: HQN Books, HQN
Published: July 14th 2009, September 1st 2009

The Darkest Prison:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Darkest Whisper: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!