Monday, November 21, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #598, November 21st

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!
What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #597
Teaser Tuesday #605
WWW Wednesday #605
WOW #601
Will the Time Come #598
Third Sentence Thursday #588
Random Reads #574
First Lines Friday #601
Book Blogger Hop #267
21 Books to Read in 2021 Update 28
The Reward Challenge Update #583
Wheel of TBR #130
How Well I Stuck to It #435
Wrote that Review Update #432

Week 46 Reviews:
The Shadow Wand

Next to be Published November: 

Clear Your S**t Readathon: 

Random:

OK, so I got 31 posts in 7 days, and I didn't read as many books, but I read a lot of big books, so it evens out! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read The Lake House and The Poisoner's Ring.

Yellowjackets meets One of Us Is Lying in this masterful survival thriller from award-winning author Sarah Beth Durst.

Claire’s grown up triple-checking locks. Counting her steps. Second-guessing every decision. It’s just how she’s wired-her worst-case scenarios never actually come true.

Until she arrives at an off-the-grid summer camp to find a blackened, burned husk instead of a lodge-and no survivors, except her and two other late arrivals: Reyva and Mariana.

When the three girls find a dead body in the woods, they realize none of this is an accident. Someone, something, is hunting them. Something that hides in the shadows. Something that refuses to let them leave.

Irresistible and action-packed until the very final page, The Lake House will have readers glued to their seats as tension builds and danger mounts-and a final, shocking twist is revealed.
Edinburgh, 1869: Modern-day homicide detective Mallory Atkinson is adjusting to her new life in Victorian Scotland. Her employers know she’s not housemaid Catriona Mitchell―even though Mallory is in Catriona’s body―and Mallory is now officially an undertaker’s assistant. Dr. Duncan Gray moonlights as a medical examiner, and their latest case hits close to home. Men are dropping dead from a powerful poison, and all signs point to the grieving widows… the latest of which is Gray’s oldest sister.

Poison is said to be a woman’s weapon, though Mallory has to wonder if it’s as simple as that. But she must tread carefully. Every move the household makes is being watched, and who knows where the investigation will lead.

2 comments:

  1. The two books you'd like to read sent me to NetGalley to request my own copies. I hope I get approved. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, good luck! I got The Poisoner's Ring from NetGalley, and I'm auto-approved for Harper YA publisher books on Edelweiss, and The Lake House was there! Loved the former, and I'm enjoying the later! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!