Saturday, November 26, 2022

Week 47 Review: The Lake House

From Goodreads:
Yellowjackets meets One of Us Is Lying in this masterful survival thriller from award-winning author Sarah Beth Durst.

Claire's grown up triple-checking locks. Counting her steps. Second-guessing every decision. It's just how she's wired-her worst-case scenarios never actually come true.

Until she arrives at an off-the-grid summer camp to find a blackened, burned husk instead of a lodge-and no survivors, except her and two other late arrivals: Reyva and Mariana.

When the three girls find a dead body in the woods, they realize none of this is an accident. Someone, something, is hunting them. Something that hides in the shadows. Something that refuses to let them leave.

Irresistible and action-packed until the very final page, The Lake House will have readers glued to their seats as tension builds and danger mounts-and a final, shocking twist is revealed. 

My Review:
This was such a fantastic read! I love Sarah Beth Durst's writing and this sounded like another amazing YA book. And boy was it! I loved this survival story, and about this trio of girls and the relationships that they build! I couldn't put it down! 

Claire is an anxious person, about things that could kill her, and things that could go wrong. Seeing the worst case scenario. Which hits pretty close to home. I'm not as detailed, mine is a general pit of worry, but oh could I empathize!

Watching these girls come to realize just how bad their situation is, figuring out ways to survive, while getting to know one another was really entertaining to read! They were isolated, with the only supplies they have are what they had on them-which was mainly clothing. So not a great situation to be in! 

That reveal of what was going on, man, that was just wild, what it was! And watching them use the skills that they had and that they learned to deal with that, I just loved reading that! They overcame their fears, they utilized their strengths, and I couldn't help but cheer them on! 

This was another amazing book by Sarah Beth Durst and I can't wait for whatever comes next!

Author: Sarah Beth Durst
Read: November 23rd, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and tis oudned really great, and it's a SAC 2022 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Expected Publication: April 25th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!