Saturday, November 19, 2022

Week 46 Review: The Shadow Wand

From Goodreads:
HER WORLD-ALTERING SECRET CAN'T BE HIDDEN MUCH LONGER

Elloren Gardner hides the most powerful secret in all Erthia--she is the Black Witch of Prophecy, and destined to triumph...or be used as the ultimate weapon of destruction.

Separated from everyone she loves, isolated and hunted, Elloren must turn to the last person she should trust--her fastmate, Commander Lukas Grey. Elloren has no choice but to ally with Lukas and combine their power to keep herself out of the hands of the Mage forces of Gardneria and their leader, Marcus Vogel...the holder of the all-consuming Shadow Wand.

With just weeks to train and no control over her magic, Elloren finds unexpected allies among those under orders to kill her. It's time to step up. To fight back. And to forge onward through the most devastating loss yet.

My Review:
Well yeah, I absolutely loved reading this book! I finished book 2, and I immediately picked this one up! Being in this world again was so great-and with most of the characters that we've met previously already having gone East, meeting some new characters-and oh, was it such a great read! My only compliant is that it's November, an ARC reading month, and I have to wait to December to read book 4! 

This is the first book were we get dedicated sections to other perspectives. The beginning we barely had any of Elloren's, focusing on Trystan and Tierney mainly, which was really cool, and I loved following their journey! 

The big plot of this book really was Elloren dealing with the loss mentioned in the synopsis, as well as her next steps afterwards, mainly with Lukas Grey. There's so much development, and it was hard to read, but I also loved it! And oh, that ending? That was intense and I need to know what's going to know what's going to happen next! 

I'm not sure what my ideal happy ending for the romance should be. I love both Yvan and Lukas, and so does Elloren. I'd hope that all 3 of them survive, but honestly? Ideal happy ending would be a threesom. Just putting it out there, because the only relationship that'd be left to build would be Yvan and Lukas, and everybody would be happy!

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read The Demon Tide! 

Author: Laurie Forest
Series: The Black Witch #3
Read: November 12th, 2022
Source: Edelweiss/Own
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Inkyard Press
Published: June 9th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!