Saturday, November 26, 2022

Week 47 Review: The Infinity Courts

From Goodreads:
Westworld meets Warcross in this high-stakes, dizzyingly smart sci-fi about a teen girl navigating an afterlife in which she must defeat an AI entity intent on destroying humanity, from award-winning author Akemi Dawn Bowman.

Eighteen-year-old Nami Miyamoto is certain her life is just beginning. She has a great family, just graduated high school, and is on her way to a party where her entire class is waiting for her—including, most importantly, the boy she's been in love with for years.

The only problem? She's murdered before she gets there.

When Nami wakes up, she learns she's in a place called Infinity, where human consciousness goes when physical bodies die. She quickly discovers that Ophelia, a virtual assistant widely used by humans on Earth, has taken over the afterlife and is now posing as a queen, forcing humans into servitude the way she’d been forced to serve in the real world. Even worse, Ophelia is inching closer and closer to accomplishing her grand plans of eradicating human existence once and for all.

As Nami works with a team of rebels to bring down Ophelia and save the humans under her imprisonment, she is forced to reckon with her past, her future, and what it is that truly makes us human.

From award-winning author Akemi Dawn Bowman comes an incisive, action-packed tale that explores big questions about technology, grief, love, and humanity.

My Review:
Oh, I loved reading this book! Things start off right away with her death, and from there, so much happens, and it was such a great read! I couldn't put it down, I had to know what was going to happen next! It was such a great story!

Nami is in this world of the dead, but it's been taken over the A.I. that she used to confide everything in, who she treated like a friend. So that's a major case of emotional whiplash on top of dying young and unexpectedly. I really enjoyed learning about this world, the powers that they have, the different sections, and the bit of history.

The fact that Nami doesn't seem to be good at any of the skills has her in a not great position in the rebel group. They did put some effort in rescuing her, and she wants to pay them back. So I really enjoyed her journey! 

That ending was pure evil! It was such a cliffhanger, to leave things like that with that betrayal, and were we left things! And it has me nervous about when to start book 2, since I've read a review or two of the sequel, and it looks like it also has a evil ending. So I might have to wait on reading book 2 until we know when book 3 is coming out, because the wait is going to bad, either way! 

I loved reading this book, and I can't wait to continue on, I need to know what's going to happen next! 

Author: Akemi Dawn Bowman 
Series: The Infinity Courts #1
Read: November 25th, 2022
Source: NetGalley/Bought
Reason Why: It sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Published: April 6th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!