Saturday, November 26, 2022

Week 47 Review: This Cursed Crown

From Goodreads:
Awakening to find herself trapped in a strange tower, Izaveta knows she must find her way back to the Tóurensi palace and claim the throne. But even with an unexpected ally's help, she worries she might not be able to get news of her survival to her sister and escape this frozen land.

Back at home, Asya enlists Nikov's help to prove Izaveta is still alive, even as she finds herself forced to navigate the political world she always sought to avoid to save her queendom, her loved ones, and herself.
 
But as the sisters work independently to reunite, a dangerous force lies in wait, trying to regain power in order to overthrow the monarchy… 

My Review:
Oh man, this was such a great read! I loved the first book, and it ended on such a cliffhanger, that I had to pick this one up as soon as I could! And I'm so glad that I did, because it was such a great read, I had such a great time with this! 

I loved being back in this world again, picking up where we left off, with Asya at home, and Izaveta in some frozen land far away, when people are pretty sure that she's dead. Loved watching the story unfold from there! 

Of course, just like the first book, there's so much political maneuvering, and I couldn't get enough of it! There were many reveals, and things learned that had such an impact on the story. Plus there was the romances, those were a delight to read! 

That ending though? That was so intense, and I basically held my breath the whole time I was reading it.  I absolutely loved how things worked out, but there were some pretty scary moment where it almost didn't, and that was so excellent to read! 

This was an excellent book, and I can't wait to read more by Alexandra Overy! 

Author: Alexandra Overy
Series: These Feathered Flames #2 
Read: November 19th, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book, and it's a 2022 Retelling Reading Challenge Book, End of Series 2022 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Inkyard Press
Expected Publication: December 6th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!