Saturday, November 12, 2022

Week 45 Reviews: Pages to Fill, Legends & Lattes

From Goodreads:
High Fantasy with a double-shot of self-reinvention

Worn out after decades of packing steel and raising hell, Viv the orc barbarian cashes out of the warrior's life with one final score. A forgotten legend, a fabled artifact, and an unreasonable amount of hope lead her to the streets of Thune, where she plans to open the first coffee shop the city has ever seen.

However, her dreams of a fresh start pulling shots instead of swinging swords are hardly a sure bet. Old frenemies and Thune's shady underbelly may just upset her plans. To finally build something that will last, Viv will need some new partners and a different kind of resolve.

A hot cup of fantasy slice-of-life with a dollop of romantic froth.

My Review:
These were so great to read! It's marketed as low stakes fantasy, and honestly, that's really what we need after these past few years have been so awful. They were both such easy reads, and I had such a great time with them!

First off, I have to say, I don't like coffee. I can't stand the smell of it (so it was funny that that's how Viv got the idea) so I've never even tasted it. But the idea of a coffee shop opening in a fantasy world-run by an ex-warrior? Such an interesting idea! Plus there's the baked goods menu that kept growing! 

Pages to Fill was such a sweet read, it was great to see Viv before she retired, and seeing her get the idea for the coffee shop-but also for the artifact that will make it possible. Plus the stuff with the job they were on, that was entertaining to read! 

Watching as things in the story progress, from buying the shop, fixing it up, creating a menu, getting staff, and growing a clientele, I just couldn't get enough! And then there was her former co-worker. Oh, man, he was awful! He gets what he deserves, but boy, did he put a bit of a wrench in things for a bi! 

I loved reading these stories, and if we get more in this world, I'll definitely read them! 

Author: Travis Baldree
Read: November 6th, 6th, 2022
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and they're SAC 2022 Books! 
Publisher: Tor Books 
Published: November 8th 2022

Pages to Fill:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Legends & Lattes: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!