Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Years!!! 2023 Version

Time for another Happy New Year's post! 2022 just flew by! I read a ton, and it's wild that it's already a new year. 

My personal year? It was the first full year with my position, since I started it in February, and boy, I'm a little tired, getting up at 4 am on workdays! Dobby had his 3rd cancer surgery in as many years, it's a August thing, and of course the cancer is already back again like it has for the past 3 years. Poor boy, he turns 15 in March. He's an old man, but otherwise in generally good health, he has lower energy, he sleeps most of the time. But when he goes on walks, he enjoys it, if he's a little slower, and tries to eat everything. Jax is also good, though he gave us a scare when he ate wood and then pooped blood for a week. So I'm glad that they're both doing well. 

So I do have about the same goals that I always do, because I'm not original and I just want to keep going at the things I do have! 

1. Like the past 10 years now, a full decade, just read. Reading is my love and passion, so any book that I want to read, I will try to, even if it takes years to get around to it! Reading more then 500 books is the norm for me, with an official Goodreads goal of however many days there are in that year, and an unofficial goal of 400+.

2. Blog regularly. Reviews will be a subset. I mean posts, having them up on time, in finished form, not the form of the meme, without the actual content of the day. Finished on a pretty good note with this, I was pretty consistent this year regarding meme posts! And I even had the form of the meme posts for 2021 done before December, so that was a bit early again!

2. A. Reviews. My goal is still for them to just stay current, trying to write the review of the book, the day that I finish the book. That way, my thoughts are nice and new, and I don't have to struggle to remember some character, or some important part of the plot, or funny little details! Still didn't catch up, but I finally finished 2020's reviews, which was great. Now to keep current with 2023, and catch up with 2021 and 2022! 

2. B. ARC's. I get ARC's from Edelweiss and NetGalley, and I have for a while. And NetGalley recommends a review written to ARC's requested percentage of 80%. So I'm going to make it a goal of mine to hit that, and once I do, to keep it consistent. I didn't quite get there last year, but I'm still going to try for it this year! 

2. C. Catch Up on Authors. What this means is that I read all the books by an author (that I'm interested in) that have been published. I don't know how many authors I'll have this for (since I'm fairly current on my favourite authors, though there's a few exceptions.) I'm not going to have a specific author focus this year, since a) I couldn't think of one, and b) I've failed these two years I've tried, so just making it a general goal to catch on various authors! 

2. D. Yearly challenges. I have LLFL, A-Z Reading Challenge, and # Books to read in Year, which I didn't finish again this year, but I'll do my best to finish them this year! 

2. E. Series. This is a new one that I thought about this year, inspired by all the people who track their series, and make it a priority to continue them. Each month, I'll either draw, or chose, a series that I was current on in a previous year, but has since been continued. A series that I started or continued, but didn't catch up with what was currently published. 2 series that I haven't touched since 2020. A series that I read from this year, but still need to continue.The goal is to finish out as many series as I can, and keep current on the series that are still ongoing. 

3. Take care of my health. This has a few prongs, from losing weight, which I know is a pretty staple new years resolution, but I've kept it going these 4 years. I started my journey September 2018 and have been working steadily on it since then. This year was a bit of a wash, I didn't backslide too much, but I also didn't make much progress. Which is a bit frustrating, but I'll keep working at it! 

These are about the same goals, because I copy and pasted this text from last year, but added the updates this year brought! 

What are your guys' goals for 2023? Hope you make them, and made last years! Here's to a great new year! Happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!