Saturday, April 8, 2023

Week 14 Review: Silver in the Bone

From Goodreads:
A series opener inspired by Arthurian legend and fueled by love, revenge, and pure adrenaline!

Tamsin Lark didn't ask to be a Hollower. As a mortal with no magical talent, she was never meant to break into ancient crypts, or compete with sorceresses and Cunningfolk for the treasures inside. But after her thieving foster father disappeared without so much as a goodbye, it was the only way to keep herself—and her brother, Cabell—alive.

Ten years later, rumors are swirling that her guardian vanished with a powerful ring from Arthurian legend. A run-in with her rival Emrys ignites Tamsin's hope that the ring could free Cabell from a curse that threatens both of them. But they aren't the only ones who covet the ring.

As word spreads, greedy Hollowers start circling, and many would kill to have it for themselves. While Emrys is the last person Tamsin would choose to partner with, she needs all the help she can get to edge out her competitors in the race for the ring. Together, they dive headfirst into a vipers' nest of dark magic, exposing a deadly secret with the power to awaken ghosts of the past and shatter her last hope of saving her brother. . . .

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I love her writing, and this book sounded utterly fantastic! And it was, I loved these characters, I loved the world and the magic, and the story was just so great, I loved going on this adventure! 

This book was part Arthurian legend, part Indiana Jones. They're after a ring from Arthurian times, and it's a quest, and it was so much fun to read! Of course, they're not doing it on a lark, the ring could really help them, which made it all the more important that they get it first of everyone after it. 

Holy smokes, was there a lot of twist and reveals! It was hard to know who to trust, because there was a lot at stake, and some people's true motives came to light in this book. I hope there's no more negative reveals for the band that's left, because I don't know if I can take it! 

That ending though? So much happened, so much changed, and the set up for the next book, yeah, I'm really itching for it! I don't think we have a release date, but I hope it's not more then a year away, because I need to know what's going to happen next! 

This was such a great read and I can't wait for the sequel! 

Author: Alexandra Bracken 
Series: Silver in the Bone #1
Read: April 5th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a 2023 Retelling Reading Challenge Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Published: April 4th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!