Saturday, September 16, 2023

Week 37 Review: Air Awakens

From Goodreads:
A library apprentice, a sorcerer prince, and an unbreakable magic bond...

The Solaris Empire is one conquest away from uniting the continent, and the rare elemental magic sleeping in seventeen-year-old library apprentice Vhalla Yarl could shift the tides of war.

Vhalla has always been taught to fear the Tower of Sorcerers, a mysterious magic society, and has been happy in her quiet world of books. But after she unknowingly saves the life of one of the most powerful sorcerers of them all—the Crown Prince Aldrik—she finds herself enticed into his world. Now she must decide her future: Embrace her sorcery and leave the life she's known, or eradicate her magic and remain as she's always been. And with powerful forces lurking in the shadows, Vhalla's indecision could cost her more than she ever imagined.

My Review:
Oh, I was so excited to read this book! I'm pretty sure that there's at least 2 spin off series set in this world, and this was the first, so I had to kick things off, and man, I had a really great time reading it, getting to know this world!

Vhalla didn't know she had magic, until she used it to hell the Crown Prince. But there's a lot of bad opinions about magic-and Vhalla is a scholar, so she believes that there is truth to those claims. It's only when she is told about her magic, and is around other magic users and learns the history, do things become clearer! 

I had so many emotions reading this book, from excitement with her interactions with Aldrik, he was so back and forth, to anger and frustration, for how magic users are treated, and sadness, for what she lost, and what she goes through, because of the Night of Wind and Fire. And now she's off to war, which is going to be an unpleasant experience, to say the least.

I've read the synopsis's of the whole series, I have an idea of what is coming. And this book gave us a great introduction to this world and these characters, that I'm so excited to explore in the future books, to see how these characters grow! 

Loved reading this book and I can't wait to continue! 

Author: Elise Kova
Series: Air Awakens #1
Read: September 14th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Silver Wing Press
Published: August 27th 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!