Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week 37 Review: The Boy Next Door

From Goodreads:
To: You (you)
From: Human Resources (human.resources@thenyjournal.com) 
Subject: This Book

Dear Reader,

This is an automated message from the Human Resources Division of the New York Journal, New York City's leading photo-newspaper. Please be aware that according to our records you have not yet read this book. What exactly are you waiting for? This book has it all:

*Humor
*Romance
*Cooking tips
*Great Danes
*Heroine in peril
*Dolphin-shaped driftwood sculptures

If you wish to read about any of the above, please do not hesitate to head to the checkout counter, where you will be paired with a sales associate who will work to help you buy this book.

We here at the New York Journal are a team. We win as a team, and lose as one as well. Don't you want to be on the winning team? 

Sincerely,

Human Resources Division
New York Journal

Please note that failure to read this book may result in suspension or dismissal from this store.

*********This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage mechanism.*********

My first review of The Boy Next Door
My Review:
This was such a great book! I enjoyed it so much, it was so entertaining, and yeah, I just wanted more! It was just so good! And yeah, I knew the broad strokes from the first time that I read it, but this is me, and I don't remember the good little details!

Like the model that Max takes up with, and her whole obsession with dolphin-shaped driftwood sculptures, because that was just hilarious. Or how she emailed with her caps lock on, until someone told her that it was the online equivalent of shouting. She was just so cute to read about!

The whole relationship between these two, was just hilarious, and it gets off to a bad start, because he lies to her, because he's repaying a favour to Max. And he works for the rival newspaper of hers, which when she finds out, is not fun!

I had forgotten that Max was a bad guy, that he'd hurt Mrs. Friedlander because he wanted money and she wouldn't give it to him. And he thought she was dead, that's why he ran on the trip. But when he came back, and she was alive, he went to kill her. But Mel and John stopped him, and yeah, that was really great!

Yeah, this was such a great book, I enjoyed it so much, and I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Meg Cabot
Series: Boy #1
First Read: September 11th, 2011
Read: September 9th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading!
Publisher: Avon
Published: October 2nd 2002
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!