Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week 39 Review: Taste of Darkness

From Goodreads:
She's fought death and won. But how can she fight her fears?

Avry knows hardship and trouble. She fought the plague and survived. She took on King Tohon and defeated him. But now her heart-mate, Kerrick, is missing, and Avry fears he's gone forever.

But there's a more immediate threat. The Skeleton King plots to claim the Fifteen Realms for his own. With armies in disarray and the dead not staying down, Avry's healing powers are needed now more than ever. Torn between love and loyalty, Avry must choose her path carefully. For the future of her world depends on her decision.

My Review:
Oh, goodness, this was such an amazing book! I loved it so much, and I'm so sad that the series is over! I still want more! But the world, and the characters, are left in some pretty great places, with Kerrick and Avry taking over Tohon's old realm, seeing as he passed his own over to his brother! And I just loved the name that they picked!

This book is very different then what I was expecting. Like for example, Tohon isn't out of the count. But while he's the main bad guy to face, he isn't really until later in the book. The beginning of the book, is for worry about Kerrick, freeing the girls from the purity place, and the Skeleton King. Yeah. Lots going on!

This is the book where everything that's happened in the first 2 books, meant something. From the lady that helped them in the first book, and how they returned the favour, and how their gang comes back together, that was just really special, and I loved it so much!

The bond between her and Kerrick, between Avry and Tohan, and the one between Kerrick and the forest, those are all things that really led up to the ending, plus with the plan of Prince Ryne, that was just mean, but it was effective! And lead to a really great ending! I just didn't like that he manipulated her like that! But oh, well. It's done, and they are over that!

Loved this book, like words can't describe how much I really loved this book, and while I'm sad it's over and I have to say goodbye to these characters, now we're going to get more books from the Study series! Yeah! So awesome!

Author: Maria V. Snyder
Series: Healer #3
Read: September 26th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Must read this book because it's a Maria V. Snyder book, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book and a End of Series 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Mira
Expected Publication: December 31st 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!