Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week 39 Review: The Program

From Goodreads:
In Sloane’s world, true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program.

Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.

Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them.

My Review:
This book was so freaky! I mean, I know that adults don't want teens killing themselves, and that in this book, the numbers have risen, but to go to the extent of deleting memories from troubled teens minds? That's just not the solution!

I really enjoyed Sloane and James relationship! It was what kept them strong, till the end, when the program first got him, then her, and yeah, even through that, they ended up back together, not remembering, yeah, but playing out their relationship again, the maybe hiding his clothes and finding the ring, and him asking if he could kiss her. That was just so sweet!

For me, the idea of the program, I don't remember much, anyways. So it'd kinda be hard in that way, but easy in another-I don't have any friends, never dated, and really the only people who know me, are my family. So that part wouldn't be so bad. But the whole thing of memories being wiped? I wouldn't want that at all, I want to keep the ones I remember, thank you very much!

The whole thing with Realm, and the cards, and the group there? That was kinda freaky, and I didn't trust him-and it turns out I was right, seeing as he was a part of the program! And from the epilogue, I think that Tabitha, and the 2 guys, are the same, seeing as they're still with the program, and Tabitha still asks to join the game, and the same story was given there! And yeah, that sucked for both Sloane, and the new girl, Ally!

This was a really great book, and yeah, I can't wait for the sequel, knowing books, Sloane's going to help take down the program, and yeah, I can't wait for that!

Author: Suzanne Young
Series: The Program #1
Read: September 24th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good! And it's a 2013 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: April 30th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!