Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week 39 Review: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea

From Goodreads:
You stop fearing the devil when you're holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White's sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guest house behind Violet's crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. 

Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more?

Violet's grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery... who makes you want to kiss back. 

Violet's already so knee-deep in love, she can't see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

My Review:
For me, the synopsis is a bit misleading. It makes River out to be the devil. He's not. He's just a boy with some special powers. And he's not even the bad guy! So a little annoyed with the synopsis, but oh, well! It was a really great book!

So first off, there was the romance between Violet and River, which was really great! It was a bit creepy, what with everything that was going on, and her suspicions, but there was still that romance there, and it was great!

Then there was the mystery of who was doing this, and it turns out that there was a deeper mystery in that, that I really enjoyed! And between River and Neely, River's brother, well, there was a lot of mystery there!

That ending was totally unexpected for me! I was really thinking that it was either River, Neely, or Violet's brother who was the bad guy. Nope, turns it was someone else entirely, but who's connected to almost all of them! Such a great ending!

I enjoyed this book a lot, I just wish that the synopsis fit in with the book more!

Author: April Genevieve Tuckolke
Series: Between #1
Read: September 27th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Dial
Published: August 15th 2013
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!