Saturday, September 21, 2013

Week 38 Review: Stir Me Up

From Goodreads:
Cami Broussard has her future all figured out. She'll finish her senior year of high school, then go to work full-time as an apprentice chef in her father's French restaurant, alongside her boyfriend, Luke. But then twenty-year-old ex-Marine Julian Wyatt comes to live with Cami's family while recovering from serious injuries. And suddenly Cami finds herself questioning everything she thought she wanted.

Julian's all attitude, challenges and intense green-brown eyes. But beneath that abrasive exterior is a man who just might be as lost as Cami's starting to feel. And Cami can't stop thinking about him. Talking to him. Wanting to kiss him. He's got her seriously stirred up. Her senior year has just gotten a lot more complicated…

My Review:
This was such a great book! I wasn't expecting to read it, but I since I'm auto-approved for Harlequin Teen titles, it was there, so I downloaded it, started reading, and just never stopped! This book just sucked me in, and I wanted more!

Loved these characters, Cami, who has a plan for her life, and then Julian, the wounded marine, and their interactions! And how they change each other, their plans, and their hearts, and yeah, just all of that! It was just great to read!

I loved the nagging and sarcasm between them, trying to get the other on the path that they think is best for the other. That was really great! Cami doesn't baby him, just because of the injuries that he suffered serving his country, doesn't mean that he isn't sometimes a jerk to her!

That ending was just the best! Things are looking up, and there was the surprise that happened-that they're both going to be travelling the world, and could be meeting up a few times along the way! Really great ending!

Yeah, this was a really fantastic book, I enjoyed it a lot, so much, and I'd love to have a spin off book of Cami's friend, Taryn and Luke!

Author: Sabrina Elkins
Read: September 16th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Expected Publication: October 1st 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!