Saturday, September 21, 2013

Week 38 Review: Born of Night

From Goodreads:
In the Ichidian Universe, The League and their ruthless assassins rule all. Expertly trained and highly valued, the League Assassins are the backbone of the government. But not even the League is immune to corruption . . .

Command Assassin Nykyrian Quikiades once turned his back on the League—and has been hunted by them ever since. Though many have tried, none can kill him or stop him from completing his current mission: to protect Kiara Zamir, a woman whose father’s political alliance has made her a target.  

As her world becomes even deadlier, Kiara must entrust her life to the same kind of beast who once killed her mother and left her for dead. Old enemies and new threaten them both and the only way they can survive is to overcome their suspicions and learn to trust in the very ones who threaten them the most: each other.

My Review:
This was one very fantastic, amazing, wonderful book! I loved it so much, it was just so good, and while I remembered some of it, I'd forgotten others.Like his daughter with his adopted brother's wife, like when he was meeting with his dad, and told him of the other times they met. The little things that make up a story!

Which of course had me reading little bits again! I just can't stop reading that one meeting that Nyk and Kiara have with his parents, and how he tells his dad of the other 2 times that they had met, and how I wanted Nyk to say something like, "oh, gee, I guess his and your blood is low-breed, too, seeing as it's the same, dad" or something like that!

Nyk was a hard guy. His life has trained him to be that way, and he's lived that way. Until Kiara. She opened him up to all these new feelings of love, of family, and of being a dad, which, as it turns out, he already was, with Thia, whom he hadn't known about before this book!

Kiara's had some hard times, too. She was kidnapped, and her mom was killed. And in the opening of this book, she's been kidnapped again. And Nyk and crew save her. And then bodyguard her for a while. And in there, forms the bond between them, as they share their selves to the other!

I just loved rereading this book, it's such a great start to the series, and I just can't wait to reread more!

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Series: The League Generation 1 #1
Read: September 14th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a 2013 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Published: September 29th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!