Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week 37 Review: Doomed

From Goodreads:
Beat the game. Save the world.

Pandora's an average teen, glued to her cell phone and laptop, until the day her long-lost father sends her a link to a mysterious site featuring photos of her as a child. Curious, Pandora enters the site, unwittingly unleashing a global computer virus that plunges the whole world into panic: suddenly, there's no Internet. No cell phones. No traffic lights, hospitals or law enforcement. Only Pandora's Box, a virtual-reality game created by Pandora's father, remains up and running. Together with her neighbors, gorgeous stepbrothers Eli and Theo, Pandora must follow the photographs from her childhood in an attempt to beat the game and track down her father—and rescue the world. 

My Review:
I had a strange picture in my head from the synopsis. And this book just didn't fit there at all! It was just so much more! What with the game, and the real life stuff, and the photos, and how they just came together? That was awesome!

First off, the whole thing with a girl opening something, starting off all these various bad things, and then having to play a game in virtual and real life, to save the world from these various ways it could end, is just awesome. I loved it!

I enjoyed the pattern a lot, and how while it was repeated a good number of times, that it was changed up in the actual details, and then it was changed in how much was related, so it didn't get boring. Though I did get a bit confused where they were in the pattern at times!

I enjoyed how it ended, and how they managed to win, even with so many obstacles, from the game, her dad, and even the police, though they started to help in the end, and then her choice, obviously, between the stepbrothers, that had to happen. It was just so good and entertaining!

This book was just full of awesome, and I wouldn't mind some short stories of what was going on elsewhere, or other characters participating in the game to help!

Author: Tracy Deebs
Read: September 10th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good! And it's a 2013 Dystopia Book and a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: Walker Childrens
Published: January 8th 2013
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!