Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week 39 Review: The Arrivals

From Goodreads:
Chloe walks into a bar and blows five years of sobriety. When she wakes, she finds herself in an unfamiliar world, The Wasteland. She discovers people from all times and places have also arrived there: Kitty and Jack, a brother and sister from the Wild West; Edgar, a prohibition bootlegger; Francis, a one-time hippie; Melody, a mentally unbalanced 1950s housewife; and Hector, a former carnival artist.

None know why they arrived there--or if there is way out of a world populated by monsters and filled with corruption.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic book! I remember read it while I was waiting to be picked up from school, and it was just so entertaining, the story and the characters sucked me in, and I had to know more about what was going to happen next!

These characters were just awesome to read about! They all were in this world and trying to survive, and yeah, that's an iffy prospect, seeing everything that's going on! And they were just interesting people with their own quirks-did you read the collection from Kitty to Hector?

I enjoyed learning more about this world, and how they got there, what this world has, and the dangers, and how to get back-because there's a cost to everything. And that was really interesting, and came into play in the end!

Well, the bad guy, it was pretty easy to tell he was the bad guy! And by the end, well, he'd done some damage, along with his guy on the inside of the group-that betrayal wasn't fun, though! But that ending, I think that  Chloe made the right choice!

I really enjoyed this book a lot, and I wouldn't mind a sequel, it as really great!

Author: Melissa Marr
Read: September 22nd, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Loved her other books, and it's a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: William Morrow
Published: July 2nd 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!