Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #180, September 23rd

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today's teaser comes from Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier, page 73.

"He couldn't have conjured supper from nowhere or stopped the Enforcers from riding by. But if he had been here, I would not have been alone."

It's nice not to have to be alone! But she is, so too bad! What about you guys? Happy reading!

7 comments:

  1. Why is she alone I wonder? What's going on with her? Good tease.
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/23/teaser-tuesdays-82-leaves-by-michael-baron/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, mostly because it was just the two of them, and now he has to go do something that might be bad for her! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I love Marillier's books... she's such a good storyteller!

    Here's my teaser:
    http://www.owlcatmountain.com/2014/09/23/tuesday-teaser-september-23/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've only read 5 (The Brideli? trilogy, and this and Raven Flight) but they were all so good :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! And Stolen Songbird is one of my top reads of this year :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. Agreed :) And hopefully not! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!